NOTE: I am filing this post under the category "Current Affairs", since they are are SO applicable to our times. The last one is especially incendiary...
- When we get piled upon one another in large cities, as in Europe, we shall become as corrupt as Europe .
- The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world.
- I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
- My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
- No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
- The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
- The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with
the blood of patriots and tyrants. (My Favorite)
- To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
- I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.
You know what happened to JFK after he tried to convert our currency back to a silver standard and away from the Federal Reserve? See this article. He issued Executive Order 11110 on June 4 1963. This order is STILL IN EFFECT. By the end of that year, he had been assassinated. Coincidence?
Thanks to my friend, Tom DeMaio, for the TJ quotes.